here are some of the ancient places that you can visit in China and Hong Kong:
1. The Great Wall of China: One of the most famous landmarks of China, this wall stretches over 13,000 miles and has protected the country for centuries. Many sections of the wall have been restored and are open to visitors.
2. The Forbidden City: Located in Beijing, this palace complex was the seat of the Ming and Qing dynasties for over 500 years. It is now a museum that houses over 1 million artifacts.
3. Terra Cotta Warriors: This impressive army of over 8,000 life-sized terra cotta soldiers and horses was discovered in 1974 in Xi’an. They were created over 2,000 years ago to protect the tomb of Emperor Qin Shi Huang.
4. Hong Kong’s Walled City Park: This park is built on the former site of the Kowloon Walled City, which was once a lawless enclave in the heart of Hong Kong. The park features a replica of the city’s original entrance gate and other artifacts from its history.
5. Lijiang Old Town: Located in Yunnan Province, this ancient town is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is known for its narrow streets, traditional architecture, and canals.
6. The Summer Palace: This palace complex in Beijing was once the retreat of the emperors during the hot summer months. It includes a lake, various pavilions, temples, and gardens.
7. Tiananmen Square: This central square in Beijing is the largest public square in the world and has played a significant role in Chinese history.
These are just a few of the many ancient places that you can visit in China and Hong Kong. Each of them offers a unique glimpse into the country’s rich history and culture.